Shuttle Driver - 3rd shift - very local
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
- Operate a Class A yard horse or tractor trailer to shuttle
trailers in the yard and between warehouses a few blocks
- Perform this work generally between 10:30 pm and 7 am, 5 days
per week. Up to 2 hours of overtime per day may be required.
- Schedule includes 2 days off, usually not consecutive
- Earn $25 per hour, overtime after 40 hours per week, with
excellent health benefits, 401K, PTO and more.
What Experience You Need
- A valid and current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
in the state of residence, and minimum 2 years of recent verifiable
CDL A experience.
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months,
and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12
months. Also no driving while intoxicated or under influence of
drugs for past five (5) years.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries
treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle
within three years.
- No violations for reckless driving, speeding 15 MPH over the
speed limit, lane changes, or texting/handheld device use while
driving or other "serious or disqualifying traffic violation"
within the last three (3) years. (See FMCSR parts 382, 391, 392 and
- Demonstrated ability to sit for long periods of time in a
vehicle. Also must be able to repeatedly and quickly adjust vehicle
controls to exact positions for several hours per day. While
driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration levels which
may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger
- Demonstrated manual dexterity and coordination of two (2) or
more limbs with normal movements while sitting, standing, or lying
down. This does not involve performing the activities while the
whole body is in motion.
- Demonstrated ability to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to
complete assigned tasks. Must be able to visually identify details
- May be required to carry loads related to travel and
occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to
fifty (50) pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues
without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
- Demonstrated judgment skills sufficient to identify which of
several objects is closer or farther away and to accurately
ascertain distance between self and other objects.
- Demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is
likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only
What Could Set You Apart
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Demonstration of interpersonal and customer service skills,
including partnering with co-workers and customers
- Skills in written and verbal communication, and basic math
- Skilled at reading and interpreting driving directions and road
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Clifton , Shuttle Driver - 3rd shift - very local, Professions , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!