Sr Spec, Electrical Engrg
Posted on: March 19, 2023
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies:
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, EEE Parts Component Engineer (Electrical Engineer)
Job Code: SAS20232001-95973
Job Location : Clifton, NJ
Job Description :
L3Harris' Space and Airborne Systems segment seeks an experienced EEE parts component engineer to join our growing team. The person in this position will be responsible for supporting our Clifton, NJ location in the development of high reliability Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) payloads. This includes all phases of product development from advanced research and development through design and on to production support and on-orbit anomaly resolution. Tasks will include development of component requirements, parts selection, addressing obsolescence issues and working closely with Design, Supply Chain, Quality, Space Environments and Reliability.
- Develop requirements and qualification test plans, through customer approval, for non-standard Parts, and Processes (i.e. PARs, PMPCB approval).
- Support component selection and requirements for advanced development and technologies.
- Develop part specifications (e.g. SCD's, PID's).
- Assist design engineering in selecting appropriate parts based on mission requirements.
- Resolve supplier issues in cooperation with quality and supply chain.
- Provide support to subcontractors for all PMP concerns.
- Knowledge of space level requirements for components.
- Perform BOM grading and address obsolescence with forward looking plans and mitigation.
- Work closely with Materials & Process, Reliability and Space Environments personnel to assure mission success.
- Comfortable presenting plans and results to Customers and Senior Management.
- Occasional travel to ensure part manufacturer compliance and completion of part inspection, where applicable
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering, or similar field and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- 1 year in Components Engineering dealing with one or more component families (Hybrids, Microcircuits, Semiconductors, Oscillators, Passive devices, etc.).
- Experience in Failure Analysis or Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in aerospace and/or space environments
- Experience with the GIDEP system
- Experience in reliability developing FMEAs, ESAs, etc.
- Experience participating in PMPCB reviews, including preparation and presentation of approval requests for non-standard parts
- Knowledge/use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Able to present results and communicate with Customers, Consultants, and Senior Management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, Clifton , Sr Spec, Electrical Engrg, Professions , Clifton, New Jersey
here to apply!