Company: The Lubrizol Corporation
Posted on: June 22, 2022
As the Plant Engineer, you will work closely with the Plant
Manager to provide production support related to process
optimization, troubleshooting process and equipment issues, and to
improve process safety. In addition, you will handle site
HSES-related responsibilities and manage small capital projects.
The Plant Engineer reports to the Plant Manager and backs up the
Plant Manager when required.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides process troubleshooting and technical support to
Production and the laboratory involving batches.
- Provides technical support for manufacturing equipment and
boiler issues. Conducts the site's Mechanical Integrity Program and
participates in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews.
- Optimizes manufacturing processes for safety and
- Maintains and updates production batch sheets, operational
SOP's, and other related documents.
- Creates appropriation requests for capital projects and serves
as a Project Manager.
- Assists with conducting investigations for quality complaints,
safety accident and incidents and implementing corrective
- Assists with the introduction of new products, raw materials,
- Assists with scheduling and conducting general site training,
as well as the site's emergency response training and updates to
the emergency response plan as required.
- Assists with the site's Process Safety Management Program and
the completion of PHA's.
- Coordinates and participates in internal and external HSES
- Assists with maintaining and updating the site's RC14001
- Assists with the site's "Site Security Procedure" and CFATS
- Maintains and updates P&ID's and administers the Management
of Change Program.
- Assists with the "HSES Leading Indicators Program" and helps to
implement corrective actions for safety improvement
- Assists with the site's ISRA case and other environmental
- Fills backup roles when required to assist the Production
Planning and Warehouse functions.Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in chemical manufacturing or
chemical processing environment.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting and technical skills, as
well as familiarity with general plant safety rules.
- Must be knowledgeable in environmental, health, safety, and
process safety regulations.
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Ability to organize and conduct site safety meetings and other
- Must be able to deal with regulatory representatives and
outside parties in a professional manner.
- Basic math and computer skills necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Working
- Must qualify to wear an air purifying respirator as well as
other required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Follow all safety, security, plant, and ethics rules.
Keywords: The Lubrizol Corporation, Clifton , Plant Engineer, Professions , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!