US- HVAC Mechanic
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Role/Title HVAC MechanicLocation Clifton, NJ 07014Duration 12
- HVAC mechanical skills to inspect, trouble shoot, repair,
service and install HVAC, chiller and mini split systems.
- Knowledge of ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning,
heating, piping, circulator pumps, electrical and BMS systems. Must
be able to bend kneel and lift items up to 50lbs and have skills in
brazing and soldering.
- Install, service maintain, regulate and repair mechanical
equipment including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and
refrigeration equipment such as steam and hot water boilers,
rooftop DX systems, chilled water systems, ice storage systems,
unit space gas heaters and food storage refrigeration
- Check and inspect various installations and items of air
conditioning and food storage equipment such as compressors, pumps
filters, bearings, belts, circuits, controls, piping, etc.
- Repair or replace compressors, charge units, change controls,
thermostats, pumps, water pressure regulators and other parts and
- Charge refrigeration systems. Inspect, clean, and replace
filters as necessary.
- Perform electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical testing of
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems. Repair or replace
defective parts in units and in equipment controls.
- Check for leaks, excessive noises, heat, vibration,
malfunctions, wear, broken, and defective parts.
- Clean, repair, and replace worn parts of ventilator fans and
- Perform brazing, soldering, and welding as necessary.
- Perform material take off's and installation of various type
duct work, including but not limited to sheet metal, fiberglass,
B-vent, flex-duct, and PVC.
- Check and adjust temperatures of air conditioning systems.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program for the heating,
ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment and
- Maintain records that relate to the maintenance and repair
- Close out of all service calls or preventive maintenance
requests, as part of software management system.
- Install and recycle CFC and HCFC (Chlorofluorocarbon family)
- Work individually and with other crafts in general maintenance
duties such as unplugging and clearing drain lines, replacing oil
and refrigerant, controls, bearings, belts, and filters.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate blueprints, specifications,
applications, and submittals to ensure compliance to code
- Knowledge of mechanics, electrical, ventilation, heating,
refrigeration, and air conditioning systems and related
- Ability to install and repair various pipe and duct
- Knowledge of Sieman's Energy Management Systems, OSHA, NEC,
NFPA, and local electrical, gas, and safety codes and
- Ability to work alone or with other trades in demolition and
- Ability to operate personal and drivable man lifts, various
fork lift trucks, and company vehicles.
- Must have a valid NJ driver's license to operate registered
company vehicles and a valid ID card for certification for handling
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment and machinery
such as meters and testing devices, pressure gauges, pumps and hand
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Will perform brazing, soldering
and welding as necessary.
- Refer to the physical requirements and environmental factors
identified in the Functional Job Analysis.
- Must be able to pass all applicable medical exams. Education
and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Experience Required: 3-5
years as a Maintenance Mechanic 1st classJob Requirements:HVAC
mechanical skills to inspect, trouble shoot, repair, service and
install HVAC, chiller and mini split systems.
Keywords: Analysts, Clifton , US- HVAC Mechanic, Professions , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!