Company: Tilson Technology Management
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Type: Full-Time, Salary
Location: Clifton, NJ
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a
national practice. We are on a mission to build Americas
information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of
experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects
for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual
curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who
work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our
clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing
private companies in the U.S. for nine years in a row.
Tilson is looking for an knowledgeable Broadband Consultant to work
with Tilsons Broadband Consulting practice to advise clients on
fiber network designs and costs, perform financial analysis and
modeling of transactions and financial scenarios, aide development
of high-level designs and cost estimate factors, research and draft
sections of client deliverables, evaluate bids on behalf of
clients, and contribute to proposal writing and fielding requests
from public agencies, private infrastructure developers, and other
potential clients. We are looking for a junior-level consultant
with broadband subject matter familiarity and strong writing and
communication skills. Experience in basic GIS processes is also a
plus. This job can reside in our office in Denver, CO, Clay, NY or
Candidate will demonstrate competency in:
- Capital and operational cost estimation
- Implementation schedule development and management
- Resource forecasting for FTTP network development and
- Financial modeling concepts and terminology
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Environments
- Advise clients on fiber network designs and costs.
- Perform financial analysis and modeling of transactions and
- Act as an expert third-party reviewer to evaluate and critique
network designs, project plans, and project execution of FTTP
projects on behalf of clients who are network funders or
- Develop high-level network designs for potential FTTP projects,
including identifying ways to improve cost and speed
- Review field collected data for accuracy and completeness, and
in some cases, perform high-level field assessments.
- Research and draft sections of client deliverables such as
network recommendations, alternative project delivery strategies,
requests for proposals.
- Evaluate bids on behalf of clients.
- Contribute to proposal writing and fielding requests from
public agencies, private infrastructure developers, and other
- Manage or self-perform multiple projects of varying
- Oversee field or other technical resources to execute work
efficiently and successfully.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal team,
government representatives, broadband service providers, other
utilities, and consulting clients.
- Track progress of project tasks and ensure deadlines are
- Find innovative solutions to common project road
- Communicate clearly and regularly to team members, including
- Maintain orderly records and project documents.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of outside and inside plant engineering,
fiber optic networks, and telecommunication construction.
- Understanding of the operating requirements of Internet Service
Providers delivering broadband and telecommunications services to
homes, businesses, and institutions over fiber optic
- Knowledge of NESC code as it relates to telecommunications and
common permitting requirements for fiber optic networks, especially
in New York State.
- Knowledge of broadband service providers and state and local
government in New York State a plus.
- Experience engineering in a GIS based program.
- Understanding of job cost, change order management and work
- Regional travel up to approximately 50% on average.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in MS Office/Excel.
- Valid drivers license.
- Practice good judgement and take ownership in work place
This is a full-time salaried position with some day and overnight
travel. Evening and weekend hours may be required from time to time
to meet client needs.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and
maintaining the information technology and communications
infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and
communications technology projects to build a more connected world.
We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively
on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team
environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees,
and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and
autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as
a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its
people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work
we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their get it
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will
always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of
individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion,
color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability,
genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other
category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not
discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion,
transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.
Keywords: Tilson Technology Management, Clifton , BROADBAND CONSULTANT, Professions , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!