Company: Knowlton Development Corporation
Location: Saddle Brook
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Department: Research & Development LabReporting Structure:
Reports to VP or Senior Chemist of Research & DevelopmentReporting
to this position: No direct reportsWHY CHEMAID?
- 10 Paid Holidays--
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Paid Sick Days--401K
- Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation Days--
- Fun and Safe Work Environment
- Annual Bonus Program--
- Career Growth OpportunitiesWHY KDC?KDC is a growing network of
best-in-class custom formulators and manufacturers of color
cosmetics, skincare, haircare, bath & body, fragrance, deodorant,
home, health, industrial, and auto care products. Become part of a
network that is known for high-touch innovation, operational
excellence, and speed to market to well-known and emerging beauty,
personal, and specialty companies from coast to coast. With its
head office in Longueuil, Qu--bec, 10 operating facilities located
throughout North America, and a family of 4,800 talented and
dedicated individuals, KDC offers a great opportunity to grow your
career.------BASIC FUNCTIONPrepare laboratory batches of personal
care, hair care and skin care products as per issued formulations
and product specifications from Formulating Team.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare submission bench batches for client approvals based on
prescribed formulations and product specifications.
- Compile and analyze test information to make improvements as
needed to reach desired results.
- Operate specialized lab equipment and become familiar with all
aspects of technical testing and evaluation based on results.
- Confer with formulators and provide recommendations to improve
or customize formulas, processes or analytical methods.
- Ensure stability, and efficacy according to project
requirements. Issue product specifications as required and maintain
relevant data throughout each product---s development.
- Maintain accurate real time entries on lab notebooks to ensure
accuracy and completeness and associated electronic data
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose/recommend
the best solution for solving problems.
- Maintain adherence to cGMP---s (current Good Manufacturing
Procedures), GLP---s (Good Laboratory Procedures), and SOP---s
(Standard Operating Procedures) for the personal care
- Perform other related duties as assigned.SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of chemistry and chemical interactions for
personal care, hair care and skin care products.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking, ability to apply
general concepts to specific problems to produce positive
- Must be familiar with laboratory equipment used in the process
of creating bench batches.
- Has basic working knowledge and understanding of commonly used
concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of
significance with relation to matters of importance within the
Research & Development company sector.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally
required to stand (for extended periods), stoop, bend, walk and use
hands to handle objects, tools and controls, reach with hands and
arms; talk and hear .Employee will be required to handle chemicals
and solvents as required during course of job execution. Employee
may be required to move or lift objects up to 10 lbs.EDUCATION /
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Chemistry and/or a combination
of vocational training, education and experience that is equivalent
to the employment standards listed above and provides the required
knowledge and skills.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years--- experience in the personal care,
hair care and skin care industry. A minimum of four (4) years in a
Research and Development Junior Chemist or Chemist role.
Keywords: Knowlton Development Corporation, Clifton , Junior Chemist, Other , Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!