Regional Safety Manager
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned
in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise
by offering the highest levels of service and support to our
customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about
our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join
our team - and stay here.
Regional Safety Manager
Under the direction of the Regional Vice President, the Regional
Safety Manager (RSM) works directly with the Vice President,
Director of Risk Controls, Regional General Managers, and Branch
Managers to lead behavioral and organizational change by
influencing and through change management. The RSM drives
continuous improvement by reviewing data and deploying strategies
to mitigate risks. The RSM ensures that company and regional safety
initiatives and processes are embedded into the area operations and
monitors adherence to strategic and program initiatives.
- Leads through example, to promote a proactive Safety culture
focused on incident prevention, risk reduction, and to ensure a
safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
- Observes workplace conditions and partners with leadership to
address any health and safety concerns.
- Analyze regional safety data to prioritize action based upon
areas with the highest frequency and risk.
- Analyze, review, and coach-the-coach on driver behaviors to
minimize employee and company risk.
- Reviews and investigates all vehicle and employee injury
related incidents to determine the root cause(s) and if any
corrective actions necessary.
- Communicates and assists with claims data gathering for
corporate risk and safety.
- Partners with regional training to evaluate current and future
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify hazardous
conditions, areas for improvement, non-compliant equipment and/or
processes at each branch within their assigned region.
- Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to risks
and prevent injury.
- Assist in the delivery of training to employees to drive
compliance with OSHA regulations and standards, including
assistance on handling OSHA complaints, inspections, and
- Works with Risk, Training and Operations to promote goals and
objectives in the health and safety area that affect the company's
- Oversees and works with Regional General Managers and Branch
Managers to record monthly safety meetings. Attends to give
feedback and presentations.
- Stay aware of developments in federal, state and city safety
laws likely to affect the company.
- Work to be performed in the field, at various operating job
locations, as well as in an office environment.
- Other duties as assigned related to safety, risk and
- High School Diploma or GED
- General knowledge / understanding of Occupational Safety &
Health Administration (OSHA)
- General knowledge / understanding of Environment Protection
- General knowledge / understanding of Department of
Transportation (DOT) & Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Be at least 21 years of age
- A current valid driver's license
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Expectations to travel up to 50%
- 2 years' experience managing others
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related
topic preferred. (Specific experience may be substituted)
- Professional certification: PSP or CPP
- Prior experience working in the transportation industry as a
Safety Manager or Consultant.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: able to establish, maintain, and
foster positive and harmonious working relationships. Willing and
able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Communication skills: able to communicate effectively,
including preparation and development of clear, concise and
- Budgeting skills: able to provide budget input and understand
basic principles of preparation and adherence to budget
- Strong organizational and time management skills: able to work
independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services,
trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both
public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to
businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do
it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us
proud. Brink's Proud.
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be
considered for this position, you must complete the entire
application process, which includes answering all prescreening
questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an
email confirming that we have received your application. We will
review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem
you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at
Brink's U.S. For more information about future career
opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or
Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any
other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to
providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Brinks, Clifton , Regional Safety Manager, Other , Maywood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!