Senior Specialist, Software Quality Engineer (Clifton, NJ)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Software Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210905-61019
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
The Software Quality Engineer (SWQE) is responsible to oversee
the entire development and production processes for software and
firmware which include contract review, requirement definition,
design generation, production, testing and operations and
maintenance activities. The success of the software and firmware
products depends on process compliance, product conformance, the
quality of the product as well as the product's ability to hit the
market on time and budget. It is the responsibility of the SWQE to
monitor these items.
The SWQE defines the processes to be implemented on assigned
programs for complete oversight of the program activities. These
processes are further broken down into tasks to allow collaboration
with the program team to ensure continued compliance to all
requirements, verification of a defect-free quality product that
meets customer needs and monitoring of the processes and product
for any trends which need addressed. The SWQE is responsible for
proactive reporting of all known and potential issues and risks to
the program team, management, and external customers as
A SWQE's tasks may include, but are not limited to the following
(applies to both software and firmware products):
- Interface with Quality, Engineering, Management, Customers
(including customer representatives like FAA QRO, DCMA, etc.),
Suppliers and Subcontractors to ensure contractual requirements are
- Review contract, statement of work, and subcontracts for
understanding of all requirements.
- Generate Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and verify applicable Work
Breakdown Structures (WBS) for Software Quality Assurance.
- Develop and implement audit plans to assure compliance to
internal requirements and external standards per program
requirements (CMMI Level 3, DO-178, DO-278, ED-109, AS9100, ISO
9001, AS9115, DO254, etc.)
- Manage budgets other Quality staff (Quality Engineers and
- Interface with other functions for understanding of Software
Quality expectations and collaboration for a Quality product.
- Program interface for internal and external company
- Provide inputs on functional requirements, advise on design and
- Review all program plans, deliverables, manuals, release notes,
etc. for completeness and compliance.
- Review materials and participate in all gate reviews to approve
requirements, design, test strategies, etc.
- Generate metrics, perform trend analysis and use the data to
- Review code (deliverable and test) to ensure end item meets
customer requirements and is tested completely.
- Utilize defect tracking database for management of product
- Perform and document risk analysis.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality
and release readiness.
- Support generation of test plans.
- Support generation and performance of manual and automated
tests to proactively discover any bugs or issues with the software
(Unit under test and test sets/scripts, etc.).
- Verify all requirements have been met and tested.
- Review user interface for consistency and functionally and
identify any potential problems a user might encounter.
- Record/verify test progress and results.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering to certify DevOps
pipelines used in development and verify changes as rolled
- Verify or actively participate in the identification,
isolation, and tracking of bugs throughout testing.
- Research and analyze product features being tested and provide
input to the test teams for improvements.
- Research new tools, technologies, and processes to drive
process improvements in all aspects of the program life-cycle.
- Support and verify control of source code, configuration
management and change management.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior
- Educational background or experience with programming languages
C, C++, C#, Java, Python or other object-oriented design
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and software
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Understanding of software configuration and change management
- Proficiency in all MS Office Applications.
- Ability to work effectively on a team yet maintain professional
- Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement and AS 9100/ISO 9001
and AS9115 quality systems experience.
- Minimum of Green Belt certification preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and team skills.
- Travel as needed.
- DoD Secret Clearance is highly preferred to allow immediate
support of program activities.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication, and the
ability to present the information in a tactful manner.
- Responsible for informing other professionals that they have
not followed the process or that the program or app they have put
time, budget, and emotion into creating, does not work
- Cognizant of the timelines required by other functions and
tasks and ensure they are proving their support/input within those
- Proactive in driving and maintaining those schedules to allow
buffer for issues that may arise and need addressed.
Keywords: L3Harris, Clifton , Senior Specialist, Software Quality Engineer (Clifton, NJ), Other , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!