Rochelle Park - School Bus Technician II
Company: FirstGroup plc
Location: Rochelle Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Technician
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in
North America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II!
First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $23.36 - $31.05 are based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Remove and replace engine, transmission, and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460
locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts
to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for
five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000
people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Clifton , Rochelle Park - School Bus Technician II, Other , Rochelle Park, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!