Company: Jimmys Gourmet Bakery LLC
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral SummaryThe HR Specialist (North) serves
to provide the necessary on-site HR support in the areas of
employee onboarding, benefit enrolling, employee relations,
organization development, leave administration, safety / risk
management, and various administrative and planning functions that
serve to make Jimmy's a safe and great place to work. Job
ResponsibilitiesThe HR Specialist will be responsible for:NEW-HIRE
ONBOARDING & OFFBOARDING ADMINISTRATION
- Administer the New-Hire Onboarding function to offer all new
North team members a warm and proper welcome and orientation and
ensure all necessary FOBs, IT setup, business cards, and training
are duly issued. Serve as exclusive initial point of contact for
all new-hire setups with outside HR vendor and payroll
- Conduct initial and semi-annual employee file audit to ensure
all employee files and related documents are duly maintained, and
all terminated employee files are moved accordingly.
- Assist in preparation of Job Offer letters per VP of HR
approval; establish all new-hire e-files.
- Prepare necessary data for outside HR vendor to prepare annual
- Administer Employee Separation Checklist for all North activity
to properly offboard employees. BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
- Administer all new-hire, open-enrollment, or qualifying event
employee benefit forms to the benefit carrier and/or broker of
record for timely submission. Advising employees on basic plan
provisions as set forth in accompanying benefit plan summaries
supplied by broker or carrier.
- Manage the Employee Benefit Master Census file to document all
currently active employee activity (e.g., eligibility status,
enrollment election details, all waiver confirmations, benefit
stipend status, etc.).
- Conduct monthly benefit premium invoice reconciliation to
confirm all charged premium align with the Employee Benefit Master
Census, and give to VP of HR for invoice approval.
- Prepare necessary materials for outside HR vendor to prepare
annual 1095-C forms.PAYROLL / TIME & ATTENDANCE / HEADCOUNT
- Administer the hourly employee timeclock: generate reports,
track/chart time edit activity, track supervisor time approvals,
follow-up with managerial staff on employee time punch activity,
prepare bi-weekly approved timeclock files to send to the payroll
vendor for processing.
- Review weekly temp agency invoices to cross-check that approved
headcount levels are maintained and adhered to; conduct periodic
spot-audits on temp agency timeclock data, supervisor temp agency
daily roster sheets, and temp agency invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with outside HR vendor to identify protected leave
scenarios and proceed with guidance on properly documenting and
tracking the situation.
- Coordinate with outside HR vendor and benefit brokers on proper
handling of disability claims.
- Liaison with HR vendor and staff in gathering relevant facts
concerning all unemployment claims.
- Coordinate with outside HR vendor on employee requests for
workplace accommodations.CORPORATE CULTURE & EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATION
- Advising and assisting employees on utilizing the online HR
portal to access payroll, PTO balance, and general HR
- Work in conjunction with HR Generalist in preparing org-wide
communications and postings, including notices of plant closures,
mandatory postings, and other HR-related announcements,
posters/signs, paycheck notices, etc.
- Coordinate time with managerial staff to develop team member
recognition and achievement award programs. ORGANIZATION
DEVELOPMENT & EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Serve as a welcoming "open door" HR representative for initial
employee relation issues and concerns as they arise, including but
not limited to employee complaints, claims of harassment or
discrimination, safety-related concerns, general
complaints/concerns, and payroll check errors or concerns.
Communicate concerns to VP of HR for further evaluation.
- Assist VP of HR in monitoring the calendar of employee
evaluations to ensure they are carried out in timely and consistent
manner and assist managerial staff in conducting same.
- Manage Job Description database to ensure all current jobs have
an up-to-date Job Description on file, and assist managerial staff
in the drafting, formatting, and modification of all currently
approved Org Chart Job Descriptions; send all to VP of HR for
approval of same.
- Serve as liaison between Departments and IT, and outside skills
training vendors to arrange for necessary job training, skills
development, and job-related education.
- Coordinate with outside HR vendor in assisting management
personnel on proper disciplinary action, or other personnel action
events, and general Policy Handbook administration.EMPLOYEE SAFETY
& RISK MANAGEMENT
- Assist VP of HR in coordinating and scheduling Safety Program
trainings and Safety Committee meetings with managerial staff; type
up agenda and take minutes during such meetings, and arrange
meeting room and A/V availability
- Research and coordinate with outside OSHA experts to arrange
for up-to-date training materials, required PPE, and on-site or
virtual training seminars.
- Obtain workers' compensation (WC) First Report of Injury claim
forms immediately upon occurrence and process same with WC carrier.
Coordinate and document post-accident investigations with
- Coordinating with managers of available light-duty wherever
applicable and communicating with employee-claimants as
- Maintain all applicable claim details to populate and post
annual OSHA Logs.
- Conduct daily site walkaround survey to remain actively looking
out for potential safety concerns, and immediately report any
questionable observations to managerial staff.RECRUITING
- Assist HR Generalist in administering internal and external job
board postings as needed, conduct phone pre-screening questionnaire
with qualified candidates, and prepare score card.
- Research job fairs, job boards, community organizations, and
trade associations for avenues of seeking out new talent; arrange
for Jimmy's registration and/or job posting capabilities.
- Setup (if necessary) and upkeep corporate LinkedIn, Facebook,
and Glassdoor.com company sites; conduct semi-monthly review of
same and post newsworthy company announcements, track reviews, and
report all activity to VP of HR. Essential Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Possess 3-5 years' experience working in a human resource
department for a company employing 50+ employees, and job tasks
included exposure to new-hire onboarding, Form I9 compliance,
employee relations, recruiting/job posting, benefit enrollments,
payroll administration, policy handbook administration, and
employee leave of absence administration.
- Experience with organization development functions highly
- Possess excellent MS Excel, internet research, HRIS portal, and
MS Outlook skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to confidently engage in medium-size group public
- Ability to effectively balance company and employee interests
in a professional, compliant, and compassionate manner.
- Possess strong time management skills, high user of calendar
follow-up tracking, and capable of scheduling group functions
across multiple locations or via MS Teams / Zoom.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency in the desire to create a
positive workplace culture and environment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and automobile, and ability to
travel between all Jimmy's worksite locations as needed. Work
- Office setting, with infrequent factory floor and warehouse
- Long-periods of sitting and computer use are involved.
- Products manufactured in the facility may contain peanuts, tree
nuts, and other potential allergens.Jimmy's offers a comprehensive
benefit package consisting of mostly paid employee health insurance
coverage amongst a variety of plan designs. Also offered is dental
and vision coverage which we share equally with our employees. We
offer at no cost to our employee's additional short-term disability
coverage, long-term disability coverage, life/AD&D coverage,
two (2) weeks of PTO to start (prorated thru end of calendar year),
and ten (10) paid Holidays. Regular business hours for this
position are 830am to 5 pm, and it is Monday through Friday, but
additional time may be required to perform all the requirements of
the job. Jimmy's is also a casual attire work environment.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates, in general, the nature
and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other
essential functions (as covered under the Americans with
Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be
asked to perform other duties as required for business needs.
Employees with disabilities must meet qualification standards that
are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be
able to perform the "essential functions" of the position, with or
without reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Jimmys Gourmet Bakery LLC, Clifton , HR Specialist, Human Resources , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!