Dietary cooks, aids and pot washer hiring Full Time/ Part Time
Company: Atlas Rehabilitation and Healthcare at Daughters o
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Atlas Rehabilitation and Healthcare at Daughters of Miriam
Campus - We are actively seeking to fill the per diem Dietary Aide
position we have open. -
Summary/ObjectiveIn keeping with our organization's goal of
improving the lives of the Residents we serve, the Dietary Aide is
responsible for providing superior customer service to Residents
and employees. The Dietary Aide will help to assure that the
dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary
manner by providing assistance in all dietary functions as directed
and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
The Dietary Aide will assist in the preparation of food to assure
the quality of nutritional services are provided.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Assist in the preparation of meals and beverages.
2. Participate in the food tray line and prepare trays according to
diet cards in an efficient manner to meet scheduled meal and snack
3. Assist with loading food carts and serving meals to Residents,
4. Bag and store food items as directed.
5. Clean and wrap silverware, inspecting each piece to make sure it
is clean before wrapping.
6. Bus and clean tables after meal time throughout the
7. Scrape, wash, and rack unclean dishes and utensils.
8. Assist in the operation of the dish-washing machine.
9. Sort and stack clean dishes and inspect for cleanliness.
10. Place clean dishes, utensils and cutlery in their proper
11. Participate in table setup which includes but not limited to
tablecloth, silverware, dishware and filling cups with water.
12. Discard waste/trash into proper containers in accordance with
established sanitation procedures and guidelines.
13. Assure that work area is clean and free of hazardous conditions
such as spills, excess carts, and etc.
14. Assure that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored
at all times.
15. Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the
supervisor and keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
16. Report all hazardous conditions and equipment along with any
accidents/incidents to the Dietary Supervisor.
17. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with
Residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
18. Attend and participate in meetings and in-services as directed
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no supervisory
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a health care setting. This
role requires regular walking to various locations around the
facility while pulling or pushing dietary carts. This position
works mostly in the dietary department which can experience extreme
temperature changes from excessive heat in the cooking area to
freezing temperatures in walk-in freezers. This role may also come
into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is
very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and
stooping on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items weighing over 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis position is part of a
health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement
weather will be required.
Keywords: Atlas Rehabilitation and Healthcare at Daughters o, Clifton , Dietary cooks, aids and pot washer hiring Full Time/ Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!