RN Clinical Manager - Home Care
Company: Patient Care - Clifton NJ HCBS
Posted on: September 17, 2023
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the coordination of high
quality, cost-effective patient care. This position is responsible
for the operations and operational flow of the agency including
performance of and/or oversight of crucial activities including
scheduling, staffing, intake, physician communications, billing and
reimbursement process, and overall compliance.LHC Group is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and home and community-based services, we deliver
high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage
their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the
country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered
care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose
LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's
all about helping people.
- Understands the criteria for acceptance of patient and
reimbursement mechanisms as they relate to the delivery of services
to patients. Collaborates with the Agency Director regarding
referral acceptance, assists in determining qualification and
appropriateness for home care services and establishment of
frequencies and utilization for new admissions.
- Works closely with the Agency Director regarding coverage, plan
of care, and other reimbursement concerns on both an individual and
an agency perspective.
- Schedules initial assessments. Ensures that documentation of
initial assessments is complete and meets established processing
- Works closely with Case Coordinators to provide appropriate and
- Monitors patient utilization to ensure compliance with
physician orders, agency, and funded program guidelines.
Investigates all unfilled shifts and takes appropriate
- Assists in completing schedules for Case Managers, nurses and
other PRN support staff as needed. Ensures Case Managers and nurses
submit accurate documentation according to required timelines.
- Implements and approves changes to the patients plan of care
when needed, in consultation with Case Managers and/or direct care
staff. Approves all verbal order and initials form to signify
approval. Makes changes to the POC calendar and adds medications
and treatments to the POC as appropriate and ordered.
- Ensures that recertifications are completed in a timely manner
and approves frequencies and utilization of all patients
re-certified. Assures compliance with 485/plan of care policies and
time frames. Verifies 485 content and appropriateness.
- Performs routine and supervisory visits in the field as needed
and as dictated per the state requirements.
- Assists in training and/or orientation of newly hired nurses,
caregivers, or other staff as directed.
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the state(s) of
- A minimum of three years nursing experience is required.
- Previous experience in the home care setting desired.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of home care regulations and regulatory requirements
is preferred.RequiredPreferredJob Industries
Keywords: Patient Care - Clifton NJ HCBS, Clifton , RN Clinical Manager - Home Care, Executive , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!