Sr. Manager, Robotics Automation
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Sr. Manager Robotics Automation will be responsible for leading
and managing the development and implementation of robotic
automation initiatives across the organization. They will oversee a
team of external vendors, contractors, engineers and technicians in
the design, development, and deployment of automation solutions
that improve efficiency, quality, productivity, and safety in
laboratory testing processes. The Sr. Manager Robotics Automation
will also collaborate with other departments to identify areas
where automation can be applied, develop project plans, and monitor
progress against established timelines and budgets.
Location: The incumbent should reside in a commutable distance to
one of our major Quest Laboratories. -
- Lead and manage the robotics automation team (vendors, external
contractors, engineers, technicians, if applicable) in the
development and deployment of automation solutions.
- Collaborate with laboratory directors, managers, staff and key
members of other departments, to identify areas where automation
can improve accuracy, productivity, and quality in laboratory
- Develop project plans and monitor progress against established
timelines and budgets.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements,
develop specifications, and implement solutions that meet business
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies and vendors to
support automation initiatives.
- Develop and implement company best practices and standard
policies for the design, development, and deployment of automation
- Ensure that automation solutions meet regulatory and compliance
- Provide training and support to end-users on the proper use of
- Monitor and report on the performance of automation solutions
and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partners.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Robotics, Mechatronics,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related
- At least 8-10 years of experience in developing and deploying
robotics automation solutions in a manufacturing or service
- Experience managing a team of contractors, engineers, and
- Deep knowledge of robotics: robotics arms, plcs, robotics
integration, automation technologies, and general knowledge of
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with
- Experience in developing and implementing standard policies for
automation design and deployment.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in a
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial reporting experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Innovator, not afraid to explore new ideas.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly self-driven / motivated
- Excellent listening skills
- Results oriented
No Direct Reports -
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our
policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics
observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state
and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when
deemed necessary. -
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Clifton , Sr. Manager, Robotics Automation, Executive , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!