Manager, Strategic Deposit Operations Development
Company: Valley Bank
Posted on: May 22, 2023
The Strategic Operations Development Director role is
responsible for providing strategic support to ensure Deposit
Operations help Valley to meet business goals and to maximize the
business value for the continued growth of the department and for
our organization, employees, and customers. To realize these goals,
this position will provide input and support for the development of
operational strategy and support the implementation of strategic
objectives, often covering multiple disciples and/or domains, to
achieve operational excellence. Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to: Strategy and Organization
- Understand the Bank's strategic vision and link department
performance to the goals of the organization.
- Define, implement, manage and report appropriate measurable
metrics for the performance of Deposit Operations.
- Leads studies and initiatives to improve organization
- Develops communication strategy and shares goals, deliverables,
achievements, organization changes.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends in
deposit/retail/payment operations systems, processes and
- Partner with Product Teams to represent transversal operational
requirements and priorities in product development.
- Partner with the Deposit Operation teams, facilitating cross
organization strategic planning, alignment, and execution for the
achievement of key objectives and priorities.
- Plan, prepare, deliver and support on specific topics such as
Town Halls, team sessions, presentations, roadshows, workshops, key
-initiative launches, newsletters and website content. Oversight
- Oversight of human capital management for Deposit Operations:
- Ensures quality, consistency and alignment to strategy of goals
and objectives and development plans.
- Coordinates departmental training objectives and
- Coach functional teams on new ways of doing business and
influence them for a sustainable shift in behaviors and
- Holds leaders accountable for building teams with the
appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and
- Creates capacity planning model so ensure staffing levels and
skills are aligned to Valley's strategic objectives.
- Manages and reports on Deposit Operations financials:
- Organizes the budget process and tracks versus actual
- Reviews variance and coordinates with DepOps managers on cost
mitigation strategies. Production
- Ensure Continuous Improvement and Efficiency in DepOps / Retail
- Identify situations adversely impacting service level quality
standards to determine solutions in a timely manner.
- Suggest methods, process, policies and procedures designed to
improve performance, efficiency and service to both internal and
- Ensure compliance with operational policies and procedures to
minimize risk exposure. Monitor and audit policy exceptions related
to risk management issues. Communicate with management regarding
the control and management of risk within specific teams and/or
- Establish a Quality Control function that will monitor the
quality of services delivered by Deposit Operations. Ensure the
quality review supports Valley strategic objectives. Special
- Directs, monitors and contributes to special projects, which
may be complex, highly confidential and involve multi-disciplinary
- Proactively addresses and manages important issues/projects
that don't directly fall into any specific function or individual
but are high -priority.
- Tracks crucial initiatives by monitoring milestones and
accomplishments, ensuring follow-through on the part of the key
stakeholders and sustaining the momentum needed for making
Keywords: Valley Bank, Clifton , Manager, Strategic Deposit Operations Development, Executive , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...