Associate Medical Director, Clinical Informatics - Healthcare Analytics Solutions (HAS)
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Associate Medical Director, Clinical Informatics - Healthcare
Analytics Solutions (HAS)
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired
Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of
diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and
patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are
pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced
healthcare information technology solutions that help improve
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a
Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:
DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With
2021 revenues of $10.79 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees
and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves
half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large
variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing
services through its network of laboratories and patient service
centers and provides interpretive consultation through its
extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also
provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other
commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and
organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their
physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important
healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians
- and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems -
relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to
foster better patient care and outcomes.
- FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 8
consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most
Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services"
- Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
- Forbes Global 2000
- Forbes ' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive
- Forbes 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second
- S&P 500
- Barron's 500
- Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo
- Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
- Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S.
business journal rankings
- Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive
- Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint
initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities
(AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing
companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with
- Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New
- Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a
perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021
Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
- Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO
Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer
risk of employees and their families
- Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to
Promote Employee Health in 2020 Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic
testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to
make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine
blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white
blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing.
They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection
of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or
confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they
have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases,
infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest
Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a
leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and
its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to
capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed
world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To
drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage
capabilities to create differentiation:
- Deliver Innovative Solutions
- Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution
- Expand their relationships with large payors and health
- Deliver Superior Patient Experiences Healthcare Analytics
Solutions (HAS) is an innovative team within Quest Diagnostics that
leverages Quest data to develop products and services to improve
outcomes in healthcare across many different markets (Pharma,
Clinical Trials, Health Plans/Payors, Hospitals/Health Systems, and
Public Health agencies).
The Associate Medical Director, Clinical Informatics is a
board-certified physician who will provide clinical leadership and
support throughout the Healthcare Analytics Solutions portfolio.
The Associate Medical Director will also respond to questions on
current medical and scientific topics, healthcare advances,
treatment trends, and health outcomes measures.
- Leverage experience and knowledge of Clinical and Anatomic
Pathology, Genomics, and NGS testing modalities to answer various
test and diagnostic-specific questions for internal team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of provider workflows, and the work
required to reduce clinical variations.
- Participate in client-facing conversations to obtain voice of
the customer (VOC) and discuss value creation activities for
solutions or other consulting activities including, but not limited
to, change management, provider conversations, and lab stewardship
committee best practice guidance.
- Leverage skillsets to generate ideas for the design and
development of solutions and services in multiple markets
including, but not limited to, Pharma, Clinical Trials, Health
Plans, Health Systems, and Provider Analytics.
- Develop rapport with clients to improve customer satisfaction
and convey Quest Diagnostics' Values, Vision and Mission. Build
strategic relationships with the Directors of key Internal
departments, including, but not limited to, Clinical Franchises,
Business Units, Sales, Legal, and Compliance
- Define, implement, and monitor clinical standards and solutions
for assigned product domains.
- Remain current with the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and
healthcare industries including commercial and government payer
strategies, and the evolving healthcare delivery models.
- Collaborate with Quest Diagnostics' medical staff in the
development of scalable tools and resources.
- Demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills to drive
collaborative innovation and support positive business outcomes.
- MD or DO, and active medical licensure is required.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green Belt+) is desired. Required
- Proven industry leader with a minimum of 5 years of experience
(excludes post doc education).
- Supervisory experience leading small agile teams is strongly
- Experience and superior knowledge in medicine, especially
pathology, and providing provider consultation in all care
- Experience working in multiple care settings preferred.
- A strong, foundational understanding of clinical research
- A strong, foundational understanding of the US Healthcare
system, the diagnostics and pharmaceutical industries, and
clinical/health economic practices in the US.
- Experience in handling compliance, legal, and regulatory
- Experience and comfortable working in a remote-based
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 suite, project
management, and other collaborative tools and solutions for fully
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex business
environment, balancing technical and business outcomes.
- Experience presenting to audiences of various sizes. Other
- Ability to work independently, and experience working across a
matrix organization and commercial teams.
- Board Certification in a specialty or subspecialty area
pertinent to the position.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Ability to present in a professional and clear manner, bridging
technical and business topics.
- Successful Credentialing and Privileging.
- Travel as required. To Apply
Please log in or register to upload a resume and complete the
online application by visiting , clicking "Job Search" and
following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to
job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified
candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Clifton , Associate Medical Director, Clinical Informatics - Healthcare Analytics Solutions (HAS), Executive , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!