Director - Global Head of Securities Services Production Management
Location: New Milford
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job Context and Purpose:To support the business strategy in more
agile and effective ways, our firm is moving towards a platform
strategy supported by virtual technology & innovative application
and middleware platforms across Securities. Support operations need
to evolve to operate at scale, business critical environments
hosted virtually as well as third-party vendors.The Global Head of
Securities Services is responsible for 24x7 application support of
business critical services that underpin the overall performance of
a multi-billion dollar business segment within the bank.This role
will be responsible for an organization of 200 support engineers as
well as augmented vendor staff of L0/L1 resources. The Securities
Services production management group is contributing to the
availability and stability of services, their security, regulatory
compliance and customer experience associated with the individual
domains. The group also manages the continuous flow of change
required to optimize the performance & stability of the platform
ecosystem to enhance the business and client experience.The leader
in this domain would be accountable for building a client centric
and diverse culture across their team whilst enhancing the
operating capability across the broader global organization and
helping to deliver a fundamental transformation in the support of
the underlying services to the business.Key Focus Areas:
- Deliver service availability and performance to meet (and
exceed) business needs.
- Collaborate with the broader technology, operations and
infrastructure groups to continuously improve the end-to-end
service experience for the business and the associated cost of
- Embrace the SRE principles and deliver step improvements in
performance and efficiency by driving automation & tooling to
optimize the predictability and quality of service to Citi's
- Develop & manage relationships with key stakeholders across the
client executives, product, operations and technology groups.
- Drive pro-active identification and resolution of incidents and
their underlying problems - working with senior development and
infrastructure partners to provide appropriate transparency
throughout and remove the risk of recurrence.
- In line with the CEO focus, effectively manage risk &
regulatory compliance on the production platforms by incorporating
optimal oversight, supervision and controls over the operational
support tasks.Role Requirements:
- The role requires good working knowledge of managing
availability of business critical services in a large-scale
financial technology environment involving multiple applications
and operating systems.
- Demonstrating leadership for a large group and being culturally
aware is a key success factor.
- Should have a strong knowledge & understanding of Securities
- The individual should be able to inspire trust, manage
expectations and gain sponsorship with business and technology
senior and executive leadership teams.
- Crisis resolution with technology, infrastructure teams as well
as business/operations stakeholders is a key element.
- The ability to build (and rebuild) trust with the business
management post incidents is required.
- Collaborate with development teams to push stability and
resiliency improvements through a DevOps model with focus on
transformation to fully automated platforms.
- The individual in-charge:
- Should have the ability to understand commercial, technological
& service drivers in order to drive execution priorities.
- Has the drive for continuous improvement and is able to adapt
to change and transformation effectively.
- Has experience of business engagement with significant
relationship at stake in a production crisis management
- Has good understanding of ITIL methodologies & their
- Global / Regional production management executive
- Global / Regional development heads.
- Heads of global / regional infrastructure teams
- Global / Regional product and operations heads.Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.Application Support Experience:
- 10+ years' experience working in a production support or
service delivery environment supporting an Investment Bank business
- Excellent understanding of ITIL methodologies.
- Knowledge/experience of problem management tools.
- Good expertise in formulating service delivery reports &
presentations for senior stakeholders.Programming Languages:
- Linux/SQL/Unix: 7+ years' plus experience
- Working knowledge of Python/Java/Shell scripting language.
- Working knowledge of databases (Oracle/Sybase or MSSQL).
- Expertise in MS Office.Generic Competencies:
- Structured and organized.
- Leadership and ability to mobilize organization across multiple
locations & teams.
- Ability to manage large staff including conflicts
- Collaborating across boundaries.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, internal mobility and
employee professional development.
- Drive proactive action and thinking.
- Has strong analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and
validate potentially complex material from multiple sources.
- Ability to influence and negotiate to facilitate change.
- Holds a degree of responsibility and demonstrates a sense of
ownership for the strategy for a department, program or
- Involved in tactical & strategic planning of actions and
resources and exercises control over resources, policy formulation
- Accountable for integrity of process, operations and
- Ability to implement and manage a successful risk/control
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills. - Job
Family Group: Technology - Job Family:Applications Support Time
Type: Full time Primary Location: New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range: $200,000.00 - $300,000.00 Citi is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the
EEO is the Law Supplement .View the EEO Policy Statement .View the
Pay Transparency Posting - Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Clifton , Director - Global Head of Securities Services Production Management, Executive , New Milford, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!