Associate Director, Global Evidence and Outcomes
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: January 19, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company
that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an
Associate Director, Global Evidence & Outcomes in our Cambridge, MA
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through
our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led
company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their
potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top
Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and
strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive,
collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an
unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter
Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
This position functions within Takeda's Global Evidence & Outcomes
(GEO) team, which contributes to the successful development and
commercialization of new, innovative therapies. As Takeda focuses
and organizes itself into teams focused on rare diseases,
neurosciences, gastroenterology and oncology, the purpose of this
position is to provide global outcomes research support for one of
these therapeutic areas.
As a member of the GEO team assigned to one or more global program
teams, this person will inform and contribute to program strategies
with comprehensive evidence generation plans and component research
studies that identify clinical, economic, and patient-centered
unmet needs, and the comparative clinical, and patient-centered
value that Takeda's medicines provide in addressing those needs.
Position objectives are:
- To provide outcomes research leadership and consultative
expertise for Takeda products from early development through launch
- To collaborate and align internally with other Takeda R&D
and Business Unit teams within a multi-disciplinary framework to
meet product needs.
- To contribute to the development and execution of plans to
elucidate unmet clinical, economic and patient-centered needs and
product value to regulators, HTA/payers, health care providers and
- To design, execute and communicate results of appropriate
tactical activities supporting those plans, including observational
and epidemiologic research as well as experimental trials.
- To communicate findings from these studies to relevant internal
and external audiences as effectively as possible. POSITION
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to lead,
develop and execute successful GEO strategies and plans for one or
more therapies in an assigned therapeutic area.
- Using observational research expertise, design, implement and
communicate results of outcomes research studies, that help achieve
- Represent the GEO function and provide strategic input on
corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and
commercialization to enable and support informed decision
- Collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder
colleagues to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned.
- Perform, as appropriate, relevant research activities which may
include, but not be limited to:
- Design, execution, and analysis in whole or in part of
longitudinal prospective observational or randomized clinical
trials evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to
assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated
clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural
history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care
providers/practitioners, and/or payers/health technology assessment
- Clinical-disease models and assessments exploring burden of
illness and/or comparative effectiveness.
- Targeted or comprehensive systematic literature reviews;
- Development and validation of PRO and HRQoL instruments.
- Prepare and/or review outcomes research protocols, statistical
analysis plans (SAPs), and reports.
- Prepare, review, and publish scientific reports reflecting
ongoing or completed work.
- Align with internal stakeholders to meet the outcomes and
epidemiology research needs of local operating companies.
- Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences,
which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners,
HTA authorities/payers, patients and others.
- Ensure findings are communicated effectively, and as
appropriate in conference presentations, publications, dossiers and
other means. EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Experience in one or more disciplines within outcomes research
in Takeda-relevant therapeutic areas is preferred. Demonstrated
experience in observational studies is highly desirable.
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in
outcomes research is required. This may consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant
discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research,
health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration,
public health, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus 8
years practical experience
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a
master's degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus 10
years practical experience
- Master's degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus
10 years practical experience.
- Practical experience (number of years as noted above) in
performing outcomes research, in any setting, including life
sciences company, research organization, academic institution or
governmental agency, is required.
- Experience should include the conduct of outcomes research
studies, and the communication of study findings to internal and
- Familiarity with the role and importance of outcomes research
in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization
environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is
- Ability to understand regulatory and HTA/payer challenges for
Takeda products; and to critically review data and assimilate
strategies that take such environments into consideration is
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one area of outcomes
research (such as, but not limited to, retrospective or prospective
observational studies, patient-reported outcomes/health-related
quality of life assessment, clinical-economic modeling and
analysis, literature synthesis/meta-analysis) is highly
- Knowledge of health economics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting
statistical analysis is useful.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills, including study
design analysis and interpretation of data from observational
- Experience in conducting outcomes research in different
geographic regions is desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a
multicultural and cross functional team environment is
- Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in
managing multiple tasks and complex projects is very
- Ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written
and verbal presentation skills, is required.
- Experience interacting with regulator and/or HTA/payer
policy-makers is highly desirable.
- Record of high-quality, peer-reviewed outcomes research
publications is preferred. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Takeda is a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan,
and with global research and development activities run from
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
Travel to meetings (sometimes requiring overnight stays) involving
Takeda colleagues, research partners, and/or external stakeholders
is a requirement of the position.
Some international travel may be required.
Time commitment expected for travel is approximately 10 - 25 %.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Base Salary Range: $156,800 $224,000 $313,600, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
. click apply for full job details
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Clifton , Associate Director, Global Evidence and Outcomes, Executive , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!