Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager
Company: Atlas Rehab and Healthcare at Maywood
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager
Full time Position at Atlas Healthcare at Maywood
Purpose of Your Job Position: -The primary purpose of your position
is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to
supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by CNAs and
other nursing personnel. To monitor the performance of CNAs,
nursing and non-licensed personnel, provide education and
counseling, perform disciplinary action as necessary, and complete
performance evaluations. Such supervision must be in accordance
with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and
regulations that govern our Center, and as may be required by the
Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or Nurse
Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.
Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager Duties and
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the CNAs or other nursing
personnel in accordance with current rules, regulations, and
guidelines that govern the long-term care Center.
- Ensure that all assigned nursing personnel including CNAs
comply with the written policies and procedures established by this
- Periodically review the department's policies, procedure
manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for
- Provide discipline and evaluations of assigned CNAs and other
nursing personnel in accordance with current rules, regulations,
and guidelines that govern the Center.
- Issue verbal and written disciplinary warnings to assigned CNAs
and other nursing personnel for violations of current rules,
regulations, and guidelines of the Center.
- Meet with your assigned nursing personnel, including CNAs, as
well as support personnel, in planning the shifts' services,
programs, and activities.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current
and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in this
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the
procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the
activities of your shift, as required.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating
nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of
care is maintained.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance
with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the maintenance and implementation of the
Center's quality assurance program for the nursing service
- Participate in Center surveys or inspections made by authorized
government agencies, as may be requested.
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan.
Participate in the updating of the resident's written discharge
plan, as required.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the
resident's discharge plan, as necessary.
- Interpret the department's policies and procedures to
personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies, as
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents, as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports, as necessary.
- Provide information to the Billing Office as necessary to
insure accurate resident billing.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager Education: -Must
possess, at a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college
or university, or graduate from an approved RN program.
Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager Experience: On-the-job
Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager Specific
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as an RN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an
example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other
- Must be able to evaluate the performance, initiate disciplinary
actions, and prepare and complete performance evaluations for
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and
procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing nursing
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
Keywords: Atlas Rehab and Healthcare at Maywood, Clifton , Registered Nurse (RN) Subacute Unit Manager, Executive , Maywood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!