Value Stream Manager - Jackson, TN
Company: altRPO: Manufacturing
Posted on: November 17, 2021
The Role You Will PlayAre you an experienced operations leader,
ready to step into the role of a change agent? If so, this Value
Stream Manager position might be a great next step for your career!
In this role, you will lead a three-shift operation with five
direct reports and 125 operators under your leadership. As the
Value Stream Manager, you will not accept average results but will
lead and train your team to achieve consistently high levels of
quality and efficiency by proactively identifying and addressing
opportunities for improvement. Demand is high and the opportunities
for growth and making an impact on the organization are endless! If
you're an ambitious operations leader who wants to make your mark
on an organization with lots of room for growth and recognition,
keep reading!Who You Are
- Data-oriented and able to clearly articulate the current
metrics for your area.
- Able to leverage data to recognize opportunities for
improvement and drive process changes to produce positive
- Comfortable working with and managing people in a hands-on
collaborative way, both with your team of direct reports and
- Confident about working in a fast-paced manufacturing
environment while handling multiple projects at any given
- Successful track record of managing inventory, customer
approvals, and balancing efficiency with quality.
- Well-able to manage the financial aspect of management, with
staffing levels, budgets, and schedules.Company Profile:This
high-volume, fast-paced specialty tire manufacturer is an industry
leader in its market segments. They have a flat leadership
structure so they are able to move the needle toward positive
change very quickly. There's enough structure to keep everyone
safe, but they've created a culture of innovation where you can
test out your ideas, be entrepreneurial, and grow within the
company. The mentor/coach leadership model along with a high value
on cross-functional cooperation make this a very collaborative
environment. If you are a self-motivated high-performer, who can
proactively recognize areas of opportunity, present data-backed
solutions, and then help implement the solutions in a hands-on way,
this is the company for you!Community - Jackson, TN
- Jackson is a hub of transportation and industry, both for the
surrounding agricultural area and several major manufacturing
facilities. You can read more about Jackson's economic development
and other great features here: https://jacksontn.com
- The town has a Southern culture vibe with a warm community,
year-round farmers market, and historic buildings including a
vintage 1950's bus station often used as a movie set.
- There are quirky, fun local amenities like Rusty's TV and Movie
Car Museum featuring many famous cars featured in popular movies,
and beautiful scenery at the Cyprus Grove Nature Park with water
views and walking paths.
- The Jackson, Generals, a AA Minor League baseball team, live
music, movies in the park, and lots of local festivals and events
make up the local cultural scene.
- Downtown Jackson is only about an hour from Memphis and an hour
and a half from downtown Nashville giving you easy access to two
major cities and the ability to live in or near an urban center and
commute to Jackson.
- If you're not a city person, property prices in Jackson are low
making purchasing land affordable enough to have horses, ride ATVs,
grow gardens, or have a small farm.
- Madison County has some great school options, you can read more
here: Jackson Public School Rankings
- The cost of living in Jackson is 11% lower than the average in
Tennessee and there's no state income tax!Background Profile
- Required Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
- Fiscal experience - budgets, staffing, etc
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and data analysis
related to production.
- Understanding of machinery-based efficiency rates and how to
track and increase efficiency performance with your team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of driving results
- Experience developing high performing teams
- Preferred Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
- Master's or higher degree
- Rubber or plastic manufacturing industry experience
- Proactively identify issues prior to having negative
- Expertise with rubber extrusion, plastics molding application
is highly preferred.
Keywords: altRPO: Manufacturing, Clifton , Value Stream Manager - Jackson, TN, Executive , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!