Field Service Engineer
Posted on: February 12, 2024
United States of America
CAN79: Clifton, NJ 100 Delawanna Ave, Clifton, NJ, 07014 USA
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and
sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class,
diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC,
refrigeration, and fire and security. We make modern life possible
by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that
make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing
industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and
we can make a difference together.
At Automated Logic, a division of Carrier Corporation, we've been
developing and supporting intelligent building solutions that have
helped customers operate their buildings more efficiently for over
40 years. We take pride in being global leader in building
automation systems and working with customers ranging from small,
family owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations. You can find
our building automation solutions installed in thousands of
commercial buildings around the world.
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills
and passion for leadership, then we have a great opportunity for
you. We are seeking an energetic, competitive, and motivated Field
Service Engineer to promote innovative solutions for Automated
- Adheres to all ALC and customer safety standards. Promotes
safety awareness on work sites.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
facility. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets
regularly with customer's representative to become familiar with
operation of customer facility. Keeps customer informed of the
nature of service we are onsite to perform.
- Communicates outstanding issues and recommends system
enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs. Is observant of additional
opportunities we may have to solve issues. Works with service
account manager to engineer and estimate solutions.
- Performs system maintenance in accordance with established
service practices and direction including field controllers,
servers and workstations and field hardware. Maintains feedback of
equipment scheduling and modifications needed to service account
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution of time
and customer satisfaction.
- Reports issues or changes to management immediately in
accordance with company policy and practices. Interfaces with
service coordinator, service account manager and service project
managers to coordinate activities as required in a professional
- May provide training to customers their specific control
systems operations. Delivers documentation to the customer for
training as needed or as contractual obligation requires.
- Follows established learning path and conducts extensive
self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain
technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes
certifications as required by the company.
- Completes all job required documentation on-time including time
sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site
documentation, and project status reports in accordance with
company policy as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years' experience in the HVAC Controls Industry or similar
low voltage systems.
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver's License and be
insurable by the company's insurance carrier.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in
excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to
- Ability to communicate and resolve problems effectively.
Excellent time management, attention to detail, and
- Field experience and an understanding of the installation and
operation of Automated Logic Controls and ability to
understand/navigate third party control systems and
- Some experience with Automated Logic to include: WebCtrl,
SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, LogicBuilder, InterOp 3.02, Alert, Draw,
EDB, Eikon, and Supervision.
- Experience interacting with a large and diverse number of
simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of multiple
$33,000 - $57,750 Annually
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
Keywords: Carrier, Clifton , Field Service Engineer, Engineering , Clifton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!