Senior Cost Accountant
Company: Knowlton Development Corporation
Location: Saddle Brook
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Job Description Position: Senior Cost Accountant Department:
Finance Reporting Structure: Controller Reporting to this position:
Cost Analyst Hybrid Role BASIC FUNCTION Responsible for analyzing
and updating customer pricing and maintaining accurate cost data
- Prepare and update customer pricing as needed.
- Maintain and regularly update a pricing history database.
- Assist with pricing negotiations of customers' proposals.
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary
pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and
accuracy in all pricing matters.
- Perform financial evaluation to assess pricing action
- Manage total pricing procedure, enhance processes to make most
of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market
- Analyze financial impact of price approach in view of overall
history as well as profitability of customer.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to
determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Supervise the cost analyst who provides estimates of new and
proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare
factors that affect prices and profitability of products or
services. SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid cost systems background.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of following all required SOP's (Standard Operating
Procedures) and safety programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel (at an advanced
level), Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint EDUCATION/EXPERIENC
- A Minimum of 3 years industry or related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demands and work environment characteristics described here are
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; use hand to handle and feel
objects, controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk
or hear. Specific vision requirements for the use of computer
monitors include close vision; peripheral vision; depth perception
and ability to focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
(heat/cold associated with a manufacturing environment). The noise
level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Keywords: Knowlton Development Corporation, Clifton , Senior Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...